Board And Train-Bootcamp
Puppy Boot Camp & Behavioral Programs
At Stinson Sit Stay, we focus on specialty dog training. We are known for various things, but mainly working with complex behavioral challenges that include, but are not limited to:
- Fear and aggression
- Territorial aggression
- Resource guarding
- Dog aggression
- Separation anxiety
With our tailored canine in board behavioral programs, we can deal with your dog’s challenges, along with the goals that you have with regards to your dog’s training.
Additionally, our specialty dog training offers intensive board and train programs. We focus on puppies aged between 8 weeks and 11 months. For dogs above 12 months, we shift them onto adult dog board and train programs.
Things to note about the program:
- Your puppy will stay with us for the duration of the camp.
- Your puppy will engage in structured play.
- He or she will also engage in socialization.
- He or she will also engage in house manners.
- Potty training
- Obedience training
- Working through common puppy behaviors.
Our word of advice: Invest in your dog’s future behavior by laying a strong foundation.
Our Methods and Philosophy
- When we communicate well and clearly to our dogs, they will naturally respond. Consequently, we will begin to form a mutual understanding.
- With clear and consistent communication, along with understanding, the different principles of conditioning will begin.
- We teach pet parents how to use verbal commands, along with neutral corrections to communicate with their dog.
- A dog that responds to your voice without you having to repeat yourself is a well-trained dog.
- Once conditioned, through repetition and routine, a dog’s desirable behavior, along with his or her responsiveness, will last a lifetime.
- There is no such thing as a “smart dog,” but there is a well-trained and a well-conditioned dog.
- We teach basic handling skills and obedience, using a leash and collar, praise (vocal tone), and effective body language.
Things to note:
- Throughout the learning phase, particularly for young puppies, we utilize praise, petting, toys, and sometimes food.
- Adding commands happens in phrases and with the use of effective communication (an example is attaching the command sit, stay, come, or down, with the action followed by praise).
- We use the dogs’ natural instincts to learn.
- Repetition and consistency are key, but praise is the essential motivating factor.
- Once your dog learns any command, the next step is to introduce distraction and correction when necessary.
- At Stinson Sit Stay, we employ the “as gentle as possible, as firm as necessary” philosophy. This means NO use of pain, nor punishment.
- We respect our clients’ decision to use the collar that they feel is most comfortable, except for shock and choke chains which we highly discourage.
- Our job is to teach the owner how to properly fit and use the training equipment of their choice.
At Stinson Sit Stay, we’ve had the privilege of working with dogs of all temperaments and breeds. We have also worked with various shelter/rescue dogs, extremely fearful dogs, along with those that are highly aggressive or reactive. We have also worked with young pups, first-time dog owners, and experienced dog owners, and our methods have proven to be effective and efficient. This has spanned over 20 years.
Currently, at Stinson Sit Stay, our focus is to know what each dog needs to be, for it to be the best dog possible. We listen to the needs of our dogs, and the people who own and love them dearly.
Trust us with your dog. Let us earn your business. There are many options out there, but we want to earn your trust, and your business. Check out our track record, and our reviews from actual clients. Whether you are just getting started, or have already established a relationship with your dog, having a clear training plan can help to solidify the bond that you have with your dog. At Stinson Sit Stay, we can help you with that. Additionally, we can help you to provide clear communication, create a stress-free home, and create an environment that is built on mutual love and appreciation for years to come. Stinson Sit Stay is here to help, and hold your hand along the way.